A sleek, low-profile Relative Motion Orthosis. Use for finger flexion or extension.
- A waterproof metallic band with a smooth UV-coated silicone finish. A locking tab on each end utilizes a novel approach to custom splinting by transforming a ready-to-use, flexible band into a rigid orthosis.
- Once fastened, the open loop design can be used to increase range of motion in either direction or to alternate between both.
- Sized and fitted directly on the hand into a Relative Motion Flexion or Extension Orthosis for the index, middle, ring, or small finger.
- The open loop design once it is fastened allows for alternation between flexion and extension for a finger that needs both directions.
- Hook Splint can be applied to either three or four fingers. The involved finger(s) can be placed in either relative flexion or extension, depending on the objective.
- Small/Medium: 28 x 1cm
- Large: 130 x 1.2cm
- Made with extra rigid metal.
- Not made with natural rubber latex.
- Color: Black
Indications for the RMO with relative Extension include:
- Extensor tendon/sagittal band injury or repair.
- PIP extension contracture — 2º swan neck deformities or trauma.
- Trigger finger non-operative.
Indications for the RMO with relative Flexion include:
- PIP flexion contracture or extensor lag — 2º Trauma, scar tissue/adhesions, fracture shortening, boutonniere deformities, flexor tendon repair, Dupuytren’s disease (s/p fasciectomy, needle or enzyme tx) or post-trigger finger release.