Indications for the RMO
Indications for the RMO with relative Extension include:
- Extensor tendon/sagittal band injury or repair.
- PIP extension contracture — 2º swan neck deformities or trauma.
- Trigger finger non-operative.
Indications for the RMO with relative Flexion include:
- PIP flexion contracture
- Extensor lag — 2º Trauma, scar tissue/adhesions, fracture shortening, boutonniere deformities, flexor tendon repair
- Dupuytren’s disease (s/p fasciectomy, needle or enzyme tx)
- Post-trigger finger release.